The practice of Chiropody is the assessment of the foot and the treatment and prevention of diseases or disorders of the foot by therapeutic, orthotic and palliative means.
In the course of engaging in the practice of Chiropody, a Chiropodist is authorized to perform the following licensed acts:
- Cutting into subcutaneous tissue to treat disorders of the foot.
- Administering substances by injection into feet
- Prescribing drugs
Chiropodists complete a specialized intensive three year program of study that covers topics in anatomy, physiology, pathology, biomechanics, pharmacology, anaesthesiology, dermatology, sports medicine, microbiology, physical therapy, pediatrics, orthotics, medicine and surgery.
Services and conditions treated include:
- Custom-made orthotics
- Custom-made orthopaedic footwear
- General foot care-corns, calluses, nails
- Heel, arch, forefoot, and knee pain
- Flat feet care
- Wart removal
- Ingrown toenails
- Athlete's foot and Fungal nails
- Diabetic foot care-including ulcers
- Arthritic foot care
- Sports injuries
- Children's foot care
Call 416.598.4999 or drop by the clinic to find out more about how any of our health professionals can help. You can get specific
directions to the clinic by filling
out our Mapquest® form.