with Dr. Mitch Ormond
Chiropractic care is drug free treatment that uses comfortable manual therapy techniques to restore function of the nervous, muscular, and skeleton systems. Hands on therapy that allows you to get back to what you enjoy most in life.
Helping you regain function, comfort, and your health!
Chiropractic is a primary health care profession concerned with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disorders of the neuromusculoskeletal system. The significant effects of these disorders on general health and quality of life are the prime focus of a chiropractic doctor. The word chiropractic, from the Greek words praxis and cheir, means treatment by hand.
Chiropractors pioneered the holistic approach to health care that is now so widely seen in North America.
Chiropractic care works with the natural ability of the body to heal itself and does not include the use of drugs or surgery. Dr. Ormond uses natural, evidence based, techniques that include: manual adjustments; gentle joint mobilizations; physical therapy; medical acupuncture; exercise instruction; nutrition advice; individualized posture tips; orthotic inserts and shoes; workstation ergonomic education; lifestyle modifications; and other patient education.
When should you consider chiropractic care?
There are many reasons to seek chiropractic care. Work, accidents, sports injuries, house-hold chores, even the stress of daily living can cause painful joint and spinal problems. Even if you do not have painful symptoms, chiropractic care can help you maintain a healthy spine and joint function.
Dr. Ormond can treat any musculoskeletal complaint in the entire body from the feet, to knees, hips, elbows, hands, wrists, shoulders, TMJ, spine, pelvis, and ALL the muscles in between.
Most common reasons to visit Dr. Ormond.
- Upper back pain (between the shoulders blades).
- Lower back pain (including leg pain).
- Neck pain and stiffness.
- Headaches-migraine, tension, cervicogenic.
- Whiplash-whiplash associated disorders.
- Strains-sprains from daily activities (any joint in body).
- Repetitive strain injuries (wrist, elbow, shoulder).
- Work and sports-related injuries.
- Restricted movement (stiffness) in the back, shoulders, neck, or limbs.
- Conditions and Treatments
Chiropractic. Helping you feel better. Naturally.
Dr. Ormond's 10 General Tips for a Healthy Back
- Exercise regularly.
- Follow a healthy diet.
- Maintain good posture as much as possible.
- Do an active warm up before activity and stretch after.
- Don't overload your backpack or shoulder bag.
- Stretch your legs and back after each hour of sitting.
- Never cradle the phone between your neck and shoulder.
- Sleep on your back or side, not on your stomach.
- Invest in a good chair, pillow and mattress. It's worth it!
- Have regular spinal check-ups.
The primary goal of chiropractic adjustment, or manipulation, is to treat decreased movement in joints of the body. This lack of movement can create a reaction in surrounding tissues (ligaments, muscles, tendons, and nerves) resulting in pain, joint dysfunction, and muscular spasm.
Back Problem Warning Signs
- Leg pain with numbness, tingling, and/or weakness.
- Back or leg pain with coughing or sneezing.
- Difficulty standing up after sitting for any period of time.
- Stiffness in the morning that decreases when you move around.
- Pain in your hip, buttock, thigh, knee, or foot.
- Inability to turn or bend to each side equally.
- Unbalanced posture, when your head, neck, or shoulder may be higher on one side than the other.
- Pain which prevents you from sleeping well.
- Pain that persists or worsens after 48 hours.
Benefits of chiropractic care.
Chiropractic treatment is skilled, hands-on health care that relieves pain and helps your body be its best.
- Improved movement in your neck, shoulders, back, and torso.
- Better posture.
- Relief from headaches, neck, and back pain.
- Prevention of work-related muscle and joint injuries.
- Enhanced athletic performance.
- Improved flexibility.
- Relief of pregnancy-related back ache.
- Correction of gait and foot problems.
Chiropractic treats your back and extremity pain by addressing
the cause of the problem. Chiropractors are trained to prescribe therapeutic
exercise, provide nutritional counseling, and recommend rehabilitation and
injury prevention strategies.
Pointing clients in the right direction towards a healthy, pain free, and productive
lifestyle is important to Dr. Mitch Ormond. Treating
most conditions is the easy part, its following through with the decision
to get a problem taken care of that is the hard part.
Call 416.598.4999, email Dr. Mitch Ormond,
or drop by the clinic for more information.
You can get specific directions to the
clinic by filling out our Mapquest® form.
Find out more about how we can help with your individual health care needs.